Driving traffic to a website can be very challenging and as the internet is always evolving there are new methods appearing all the time. With so many different methods for driving traffic to a website it can become a little overwhelming and confusing.
Using banner ads to promote your website is one method that has proven to be quite popular and effective. You see banner ads everywhere you look online. You see them on personal websites, on blogs, on forums and on search engines. The reason that there are so many banner ads is because the work.
Banner ads are extremely effective and if approached properly can be a low cost form of advertising. When you use banner ads you are making your brand recognisable. If you have a product or service that you are selling then you can create brand recognition for that product or service by using a visual form of advertising like banner ads. When your brand is recognized it becomes more and more popular and the banner ads make it easy for customers to find your website.
Banner ads are targeted toward specific visitors so this helps to reduce the number of people visiting your site that are really not interested in purchasing your product or service anyway. If you are paying each time someone clicks on your ad then you don’t want to be paying for visitors that really aren’t interested in your website. Banner ads are more targeted and reduce the number of uninterested visitors so you don’t pay for clicks that won’t convert into sales. Targeted advertising means more sales and therefore higher profits.
It is recommended to do some keyword research before creating your banner ad to get the best terms and phrases to use in your advertising campaign. If you don’t have relevant terms or phrases then you won’t find relevant visitors to send to your site.
Here are some tips to help with effective banner advertising.
1. Make your banner attention grabbing. You have a limited space for your text and logo so use that space effectively and make sure it grabs the attention of potential customers.
2. Use pictures on the ads so that your visitors have a visual of the product. Visual advertising is much more effective than non-visual.
3. Don’t use banners that are over 5k in size. Banners that are too big just make a website look messy and cluttered and they really won’t get you any more traffic than a smaller banner.
4. Make your banner appear professional and not like some kid with a box of crayons has designed it. Don’t use too many different colors or too many different fonts. Plain and simple is often best.
5. Always include a ‘call to action’ on your banner ad. Having a ‘click here ‘statement to tell visitors to click on your ad. Having a call to action increases the click through rate quite a bit.
6. Make your ad motivational so that your visitors will be interested and want to click your ad to find out more. You need to grab their attention and once you have their attention entice them to click on that ad.
7. Always test your banner ads so you know how much traffic is coming through your banners. You must test your links to know how effective your banner is.
If you are looking for an effective way to drive traffic to your website then use these tips and try some banner advertising.